5 Benefits of Getting Organized this Month
Outside, the weather is finally turning crisp, and that means it’s the beginning of the holiday season. For many people, this is the happiest time of year, an opportunity to spend time with loved ones and celebrate all that we are thankful for, but for others, the stress of entertaining and having it all together is simply too much. When you take the time to plan ahead and get yourself organized leading up to the holiday it creates a positive chain reaction in the other areas of your life. For example, being organized this month can:
1. Save you time in the long run. Like we always tell our clients, “one hour of planning will save you four hours of doing.” In other words, setting aside one hour to organize your schedule, your budget, your home office or your kitchen will save you hours of work later, and there’s nothing better than having a few extra hours in the day, especially during the holidays.
2. Lower stress levels. According to statistics, roughly 80% of our medical expenditures are stress-related, and stress levels tend to peak during Thanksgiving and Christmas, when there are big meals to prepare, out-of-town guests to host and an entire house to decorate. Holiday stress not only adds to the chaos, but can also take a lasting toll on your health. Getting organized will decrease that holiday stress so you can relax and enjoy the season.
3. Increase your usable space. This is especially important for those of you who live in small homes or work in cramped offices without a ton of room to work with. Clutter is the enemy of productivity, so make an effort to keep yourself and your spaces organized this month and you will find you have a little more room to breathe and a lot more time to check things off your holiday to-do list.
4. Boost your confidence. When you finally get a handle on those cluttered spaces at home and at work, you automatically feel better about yourself, and your level of confidence gets a noticeable lift. Confident people tend to be healthier, happier, more ambitious and better poised to achieve their goals.
5. Create a better life balance. In the simplest of terms, being organized means having more time to do what you love, whether it’s cooking, reading, traveling or spending time with friends. This is the key to a happy, balanced life.